7 Days of Smoothies and RAW Foods, 2-3 times a day, leading into my holiday travels with the fam is how I’m spending the next week! Luckily for you, I will be documenting every plant-based smoothie & snack here on Mindful Hellos! Keep reading for this recipe.
On that note, I would like to introduce to you the food blog: Phruitful Dish, by PhD Candidate Dylan Culter who creates recipes around evidence-based knowledge to share with women with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). We have decided to team up and bring her aboard Mindful Hellos. Her recipes will be the bulk of my creations, so keep an eye out!
Depending on how far back you’ve been a viewer of my blog, you’ll notice two things: A) I am obsessed with everything antioxidants, and B) You will remember when I made this Everlast Antioxidant Smoothie that was crazy packed with powerful nutrients and received over 7,000 views on that blog alone.
Although it doesn’t get much play anymore because of the broken links on the internet from my rebrand/domain change — I’m satisfied with that number of views.
I AM A PROPONENT OF COOKED FOODS
What I mean by that is I am not strictly on a raw foods diet. Being an Ayurvedic Medicine student, I believe that cooked foods strengthen the digestive power. In Ayurveda, the perspective is said that Raw foods should be eaten alone, and not to mention are frowned upon in this philosophy.Thus, I am only doing this for 7 days
Thus, I am only doing this for 7 days and why I am choosing to incorporate whole-cooked meals for dinners. I am “Pitta” predominant and have the digestive strength to carry on a raw foods cleanse. Always consult with a professional or expert before doing so.
I DECIDED TO TWEAK THE EVERLAST ANTIOXIDANT RECIPE
To kick off this 7 Day challenge I set for myself I decided to honor that recipe and pinch, squeeze, & twist to refine it. It’s even better than before! Best of all — it’s perfect flavors for the holidays.
This recipe features an array of superfoods, antioxidants, herbal powders, and is Plant-Based (Vegan), Organic, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, GMO-Free, high in protein with a smidge of crunch from the LivBar in “Berry Peaceful” flavor.
No ice was used in attempts to keep my body warm, but I put it in the freezer for a couple minutes. It’s thick without the ice and can easily be made thinner with 1/3 cup more water.
It’s a bit spicy from the Ginger & Cinnamon combo — so if you don’t like Ginger I recommend using Cardamom. If you don’t like Cardamom, lol — well — this recipe isn’t for you 🙂 Just kidding, leave out the Ginger and double the Cinnamon (1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon total)
Imagine what a Gingerbread loaf would taste like, and this is exactly what that is!
MORNINGS: Raw foods (fruits) and/or plant powered smoothie
LUNCH: Plant powered smoothie + raw veggies
DINNER: Delicious well balances whole & home cooked meal!
SNACKS: If needed, raw veggie plate OR cold press juice
READY FOR THE RECIPE? HERE IT IS!
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup beetroot powder
- 2 tbs of pea protein
- 1 cup water
- 5 frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp amalaki
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract mixed into the protein
- Pour the Almond Milk and Water
- One by one pour in all the other ingredients
- Taste test and choose to add more flavorings to your desired taste
- Pour into two 16 oz cup
- Serve and consume immediately
- Chill in freezer for 2-5 minutes to chill if needed. Enjoy!
BENEFITS & INGREDIENTS OF THIS PLANT POWERED BLEND:
- Maca Powder by Gaia Herbs: I’m obsessed with Maca and for us females, this is important for us to consume. It’s an energy enhancer, supports healthy libido, and is an aphrodisiac enhancing sexual drive
- Beet Powder by Nuts.com: Rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, folate and manganese +more. I love this shop, it’s where I also get my spirulina, chia seeds, turmeric, cocoa, echinacea, hemp protein etc etc etc. Go here for all the powders
- Vanilla Pea Protein Powder by Nuts.com: I added vanilla extract to the powder. High in iron, branched-chain amino acids, dairy-free, gluten-free, easy to digest, assists in muscle repair and development after workouts, etc.
- Amalaki Powder (Antioxidants) by Banyan Botanicals: Considered the richest source of antioxidants on the planet! Helps to cleanse and nourish the bodily tissues while repairing damage to free radicals. I use this in so many things!
- Ginger Powder by Nuts.com: My holy grail for all ailments! I take this daily, to prevent a variety of sickness or digestive backup.
- Cinnamon by Nuts.com: Everyone loves cinnamon! It’s not only delicious, but it has a plethora of health benefits from antioxidants, lowering blood sugar levels to anti-inflammatory effects and can even be used as a natural food preservative (fact).
- Blueberries: One of my favorite superfoods! The highest antioxidants out of all fruits & vegetables, plus high in fiber, Vitamins A, K, and manganese.
- LivBar topping: Crumbled LivBar in the flavor “Berry Peaceful” flavor with ingredients of Blueberry, Kale, Vanilla, etc. Speaking of LivBar, GO HERE to read my recent blog about these superfood bars! Additionally, they are also on Amazon, so click here for that.
[Tweet “Gingerbread #smoothie #recipe for 7 days of raw foods! #nutrition #blogger”]
WHOO! Are you feeling healthier just by reading this blog? I hope you try this, and let me know your thoughts! I will be reporting back on Wednesday for more deliciousness!
Don’t forget to check out Phruitful Dish to see what she’s all about and keep an eye out for her recipes on Mindful Hellos.
Please Subscribe Below ♥