100% Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, nonGMO, Vegan.
[su_dropcap style=”flat” size=”4″]W[/su_dropcap] I just had lunch, and I’m giving all the credit to this Beet Smoothie! Ingredients most prominent here are Beets and Chia seeds. The chia seed has incredible history dating all the way back to the 16th century and is known as a “superfood” for survival.
Pre-Columbian Aztecs and Mayans used chia seeds as a main part of their diet, and the Aztecs used the seed to stimulate the flow of saliva and to relieve joint pain. That’s pretty neat!
Chia seeds are very high in omega-3 fats. Beets are high in many vitamins and minerals, cleanse the body, increase mental health (high in folate), and provide energy.
Used here are RAW beets; beets lose more than 25 percent of their folate when cooked – and we need those! Folate strengthens the neural tubes.
For the protein, I used the Warrior Blend Natural by SunWarrior. Their supplements are ever so tasty and packed with best raw, plant-based supplements and protein powder that includes essential amino acids and heart-healthy foods.
I also blended:
- Coconut water
- granny apples
- fresh – raw ginger
- protein powder for extra oomph
The end results are a gorgeous deep red color. Enjoy it, and comment if you end up trying it. Thanks for stopping by! Stay healthy, my friends.
[Tweet “Heart-healthy #beetroot #Smoothie packed with Omega 3’s, ft. @SunWarrior protein! #blogger #fitfluential”]
- 1 Large - RAW, Whole, Organic Beet - peeled, then chopped
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Water
- 2 Cups Organic Spinach
- 1 Medium Organic Orange - Peeled
- 1/2 Organic Granny Apple
- 1/2 Organic Lemon, Fresh, cut in half and squeezed into blender - toss the remainder
- 1 Full TBS RAW Fresh Organic Ginger - cut in chunks
- 1 Tbs Raw Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbs RAW Vegan Protein Powder
- Pour the coconut water in blender
- Pour the 2 cups of spinach
- Rinse, grate, and chop the beets & ginger
- Insert the protein powder
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into blender - set aside the lemon peel
- Peel and halve the orange, and cut apple into half - insert into blender
- Blend for 3-5 minutes
- Serve Immediately
- Your hands will be very red from the beets, wash hands and anything else it bled on immediately.