[su_dropcap style=”flat”]A[/su_dropcap]A Fundraising Idea That Saves You Money and Time … but how you ask? Whether it be for Back to School reasons, disaster relief, animal rescue, recreational participation, just enthusiastically advocating for an organization of your choice. Stop selling the junk foods and encourage your family, friends, and audience to purchase Gift Cards from retailers that they’re actually already shopping at!
It sounds like the newest modern strategy, but Scrip, the great no-selling alternative to traditional fundraising, has indeed been doing just that since 1994. Essentially, Scrip allows you to buy gift cards to your everyday retailers and as part of the fundraising, they give back a 4% rebate to an organization of your choice.
Anybody can setup fundraisers, but fundraising takes time – especially if it’s door to door. Who really has time for that?
Bake sales are fun, and so are community events, but again – this is time needed that not everyone can afford to devote.
Scrip allows you to fundraise all year long just by purchasing gift cards on essentials like gas and groceries.
I WAS ONCE THAT GIRL …
I’m writing this blog because I was once a young girl selling goods door to door for my school, recreational sports, and competitive teams. I have sisters who now have kids who are doing the same and it just has to change! With Scrip.
For years now, I’ve been a long time supporter of Girls On The Run, a non-profit youth development organization with a transformational learning program for 8 to 13-year-old girls.
It focuses primarily on fostering the emotional and physical development through dynamic conversation based lessons such as running, games, life skills, confidence and more. At the end of the season, they all run a 5K!
The girls opened up to me, about things they don’t have anyone to talk to at home or at school. More importantly, they have other girls there as team members they look forward to meeting up with twice a week after school.
It’s quite a spectacular, life changing experience for both the girls and the coaches. I was once a Head Coach for the Scottsdale Chapter. These girls felt like my kids, I now completely understand the sentiment teachers feel!
Fundraisers for organizations such as Girls On the Run are happening all the time, and through Scrip is one essential method of doing so!
If you’d like to join the program and help raise funds for Girls on the Run, please contact me for an access code! Email me at Sami@MindfulHellos.co, I’m unfortunately not able to give this out online.
HOW SCRIP WORKS:
Now that you understand what Scrip is and what it does, allow me to briefly explain how easy the process works:
Members of your organization will buy a scrip gift card through your scrip program. They’ll pay the full face value, but they’ll earn an immediate rebate percentage that’s typically between 2% and 16% depending on the retailer. Then they use that gift card on their normal purchases. You’re not spending extra money, and there’s no selling involved— you’re just earning for your organization!
BENEFITS OF SCRIP FUNDRAISING:
- No extra time, money, or energy spent.
- No selling unwanted products to your family and friends.
- Earnings add up quickly— families can earn $1,000 or more per year.
- It’s a great budgeting tool, and it fits with every financial situation.
- Over 750 retailers available so you can use scrip for practically anything.
- Online ordering lets families buy and use eCards whenever they want.
- The funds you earn are immediately accessible.
- It’s habit forming— you’ll want to use scrip all year long.
759 RETAILERS PARTNERED WITH SCRIP:
- Target, Walmart, Amazon, Whole Foods, Safeway, Sprouts, Albertson’s, Sam’s Club, Smart & Final, Vons, Bath & Body Works, Ulta, CVS, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Walgreen’s, Rite Aid, Overstock.com, GNC, Southwest Airlines, Uber, Chipotle, TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods, & much more!
- Shell gas, Arco, Auto Zone, Walmart Auto, Exxon, 76 gas, Circle K gas, Mobile gas, Safeway gas, Sam’s Club gas, and more.
- Amazon Prime, Google Play, L.L. Bean, Sony PlayStation Store, QVC, Nook by Barnes and Noble, and much more.
- Regal, AMC, Cinemark, Dave & Busters, Fandango, Gamestop, Itunes, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Disney, StubHub, Xbox, Sirius XM, etc!
- Plus Travel, Hotels, Airlines, Home Improvement, Dining, Books, Music, etc etc etc.
READY TO START YOUR PROGRAM?
You can start raising money almost immediately, all you have to do is enroll your organization, invite members to join, and place your first order. Your program will earn rebates, and your members shop with scrip! Go here to learn all about Scrip and start fundraising today!
Disclaimer: “This campaign is sponsored by ShopWithScrip. Through my affiliation with the Sweat Pink Ambassador community, I’m fundraising for Girls on the Run, a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young girls through running. All monies fundraised are donated to Girls On the Run at the conclusion of the campaign. Thank you for your readership and interest in forwarding Girls On the Run’s mission of inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running