A serial entrepreneur, high-level content creator, and & multimedia producer at Mindful Hellos and Lambda Lion. Passionate about Ayurvedic wellness and combining creativity for a holistically balanced lifestyle.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR INFLAMMATION
[su_dropcap]M[/su_dropcap] Most of you know, I’m a tea addict! I absolutely love my herbs, I cherish them and trust that they will nurture both mind and body.
Today, my stepfather consulted me about what tea would help him with his inflammation and it inspired me to craft a blog around the multiple options, what causes inflammation and how we can eat anti-inflammatory nutrition as a preventative measure.
What is inflammation, exactly?
[su_dropcap]I[/su_dropcap] Inflammation is a process in which the body’s white blood cells (and substances they produce) protect us from infection with foreign organisms such as bacteria and viruses. Think of it like a trigger that our bodies set off by something it doesn’t like.
The only time inflammation would be an okay instance is post-exercise. Our muscles are inflamed so when we replenish with nourishing drinks and wholesome foods afterward, it’s a natural response for our bodies to protect this.
This release of chemicals increases the blood flow to the area of injury or infection and may result in redness and warmth. Some of the chemicals cause a leak of fluid into the tissues, resulting in swelling. This protective process may stimulate nerves and cause pain.
When we eat food we’re allergic to or have adverse reactions to but don’t correct, this will cause inflammation in the gut as well. In my opinion, too many people ignore gut inflammation, it’s like the pain is ignored because it’s normal to live in pain.
I was once one of those people until it got so severe I wanted the hospitals’ care. Come to find out, i had severe food allergies that had developed randomly all of a sudden one year. Don’t live in pain, do something about it today!
[su_quote]”Inflammation is just a symptom of injury”[/su_quote]
What are some teas, oils, and foods that help?
- Turmeric and Ginger Tea with Black Pepper by Buddha Teas Recieve a 5% discount at checkout!
- Antioxidant Teas (Matcha, Chaga, etc) by Buddha Teas
- Antioxidant Foods Click here for a fantastic list by Best Health Magazine
- Chaga Tea by Nordic Nordic
- Chamomile, Lavender, Turmeric, Ginger, Sweet Marjoram, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Spearmint, Rosemary, Thyme, Cleary sage, Sandalwood, Juniper, Frankincense, Vetiver, mixed with carrier oils as massage lotion, unscented lotion, coconut oil, olive oil, rubbed into your muscles and joints. Click here to buy inexpensive, therapeutic grade essential oils through me!
- Tomatoes, berries, oranges, spinach, kale, collards, salmon, tuna, sardines, olive oil, nuts, almonds, etc
Foods to avoid that cause inflammation
- Saturated Fats
- Trans fats
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids (found in oils such corn, safflower, sunflower, grapeseed, soy, peanut, and vegetable; mayonnaise; and many salad dressings)
- Refined Carbohydrates (white flour products (breads, rolls, crackers) white rice, white potatoes (instant mashed potatoes, or french fries) and many cereals are refined carbohydrates)
- MSG – Monosodium glutamate (flavor-enhancing food additive most commonly found in prepared Asian food and soy sauce, but it can also be added to fast foods, prepared soups and soup mixes, salad dressings and deli meats.)
- Gluten and Casein (This is what I was so severely allergic to that made me want to turn myself into the hospital) Gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley and any foods made with these grains. Casein is found in whey protein products. Go gluten free!
- Aspartame – a neurotoxin that affects the brain – a “sugar-free” non-nutritive, intense artificial sweetener found in more than 4,000 products worldwide
- Alcohol – Detox afterward is A MUST! Otherwise, you risk liver damage
[Tweet “Naturally care for inflammation with #teas, oils, and #nutrition! #blogger”]
[su_dropcap]I[/su_dropcap] Inflammation can be caused by several reasons and hopefully you don’t have chronic inflammation; if you do it’s best to consult with your physician in case you have fibromyalgia or some other illness. Pay attention to your body, it’s the only one you have! Cherish it, and take care of it better than you would to your children/pets.
Thank you for stopping by, and for caring enough about your body to read more about inflammation and how to care & prevent it.