NATURALLY HEALTHY. DELICIOUSLY EASY.
FOR THE MODERN DAY BETTY CROCKER
G Gluten and Dairy intolerances are no joke. Trust me, I suffer from both of them; dairy since a young girl and a gluten intolerance that randomly developed last year along with 2 other food allergies that had me crying for a hospital bed.
It’s painful, and unfortunate that people who have the same problem either:
- Ignore it due to ignorance of alternative options
- Don’t put their health as priority as they look the other way
- Or it’s simply not in the budget to live an allergy-free lifestyle.
Thankfully, the world has Snacktivist Foods. Created by a Registered Nurse and Diabetic Educator Joni Kindwall-Moore out of the Inland Northwest United States who spent years working in the ER, ICU and Cardiology who can speak from first-hand experience on the importance of health. Read about the story here
If you follow my blog or social medias – have you ever seen pizza posted anywhere? Or desserts? H*ll no! I don’t have a sweet tooth, until you put brownies in my face, of course, and even then I’m apprehensive because of the dairy involved. [insert super sad face].
Both Pizza and Brownies are a double-edged sword for me, both gluten and dairy in one dish? Suicide, is what that is. (Coincidentally that’s how it feels in my stomach after even foods with gluten in them: swords!)
Below you will learn more about my experience through baking and tasting both. If you want to go straight to the product page: go here
GOURMET ANCIENT GRAIN GLUTEN FREE PIZZA MIX
Snacktivist Foods pizza mix is Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, non-GMO, using an ancient grains blend. It was ready in 45 minutes, and truly enjoyed the process of chopping and preparing my own ingredients while sipping some tasty Oregon Rose Wine in the comfort of my own home.
♦ Here’s the blend of veggies I prepared:
- Organic Spinach
- Gourmet Aged Goat cheese
- Organic Sweet Peppers
- Organic Fresh Leaf Chopped Basil
- Organic Pesto
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce (mixed with the pesto)
- Organic Mushrooms
- Organic Cherry Tomatoes
COMICAL EDITOR CONFESSIONI I will be real with you guys, because BMYC is authentic storytelling I have something to confess! I am *not* a baker, at all, I usually stove top cook or eat raw type of gal. ⇓
I made a huge oopsie when making this Pizza! I made it entirely way too thick of a crust. While it was still edible, it didn’t turn out perfect due to user error. (Imagine a pizza that looks like a small short cake). ⇒ HA! (see below image)
The directions specifically say it can make two medium pizzas or to make one and save the rest. I don’t know why I felt like ‘going against this’ thinking it would be ‘okay’ , boy was I wrong LOL.
Joni and I laughed over it, she was aware I was going to write about this mistake so please know this was approved to discuss in my blog prior to.
Even though this mistake is small, the directions are incredibly easy .. even for us non-bakers!
No kneading necessary.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE EXTRA BATTER:
Store it in a ziplock bag, refrigerate for shorter lengths or freezer for longer, and when ready to use cut the corner and proceed to squeeze it out:
- Make a second pizza at a later time
- Great for baked sandwich rolls
- Fresh baked bread for dinner parties
- Baked flatbread
A PROMISE FROM SNACKTIVIST FOODS
Joni, the founder behind Snacktivist Foods, has a promise for any of those who make (or have made) the same accidental fail like myself. She realizes the label directions could be a bit more precise on those smaller details and is willing to replace the one that didn’t work out with your next order. Here is the contact page
So rich and pure made from the finest cocoa on the market. Egg and dairy free using the magical ingredient “aquafaba” in place of egg. Aquafaba is the water that is poured from a can of garbanzo beans (or any white bean). Using a quality blend of sugars: Sucanat (raw unrefined cane), granulated
unbleached cane, brown sugar, coconut nectar sugar 100% organically grown, non-GMO and minimally refined.
All that the recipe calls for is oil, coconut butter (or soft regular butter), vanilla extract,
and water. The dry mix handles the rest!
HERE’S WHAT I ADDED:
♦ Since I’m obsessed with antioxidants and proteins, I added a couple of things here! (ssshhh…)
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Amalaki Powder (extract would work too) by Banyan Botanicals. Amalaki is an Ayurvedic herb high in vitamin C to be one of the richest sources in the world. Rejuvenating, and nourishes bodily tissues.
- 1 packet of Vanilla protein powder by Aloha. Get a free trial kit here!
- Organic Ghee by Banyan Botanicals, instead of butter. Better than what you’ll find at any supermarket! (Ghee is dairy-free, eliminates allergy concerns, protects the gastrointestinal system, a pure combination of fats with no milk residue, originated in India and ubiquitous in Ayurvedic medicine.)
- You’ll need to add more water if you add these, so add enough to have a smooth easy batter. (I added maybe less than 1/4 cup).
- This also baked for about 38 minutes due to my extra powders. Normally it’s about 20, per the label.
W What I still have in my cabinet by Snacktivist Foods that I will soon make is the high protein & savory Mediterranean Falafel Mix, Rosemary & Garlic Foccacia mix, Unique Ancient Grains Blend of All Purpose Flour Blend, Ancient Grains Blend of Millet Flour, Organic Whole Psyllium Husk ancient grains blend, Almond, Oat, and Chica Muffins mix. Click here for all of the collections
Whoo!!! Inspired to bake more, thank you Snacktivist Foods for making our kitchens better and less painful! I hope you get to enjoy these as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by – leave a comment if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to leave a comment. ♥