7 DAY RAW FOODS CLEANSE
Welcome! You are reading Part 2 of the 7 Day cleanse blog series with PhD Candidate, Phruitful Dish.
Go here for Part One (opens a new tab).
Do you think I’m a crazy person to go on a Raw foods cleanse during the holidays? I kind of feel like one. This is requiring much more self-discipline that I expected! I’ve accomplished cleanses before, but none during the holiday season tempted with warm savory foods around me.
It’s going well, though! Coupled with gym and yoga sessions I feel pretty strong on day 4. There was only one day where I felt like I was going to die (drama queen) which resulted in eating a GF veggie filled sandwich and a vegan split pea soup for lunch.
Other than that I’ve maintained the raw foods 2-3 times a day, and home cooked whole-food dinners.
Keep reading for a list of what I’ve crafted for smoothies and raw food plates thus far!
DAY 4 SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Kale Ginger Smoothie inspired by this Phruitful Dish creation (Opens a new tab). Take a moment to peek into her creation! Because I have tweaked it and I want you to see the difference inspired from the original.
Okay, now that you’ve looked at hers … here are the differences:
- I added 1 tsp Maca Powder by Gaia Herbs (mood balancer, energy enhancer, reproductive health supporter)
- I added 1 tsp Spirulina (see below)
- I added 1 scoop of Sunwarrior Barley (fiber)(Non-GMO, GF, V)
- Didn’t use avocado because I’m allergic, and I left out flax seeds to avoid too much protein (yes, that IS a thing.)
The GREAT part about the above additions is that none of those really alter the taste, but instead maximizes the antioxidant level, anti-inflammatory level, & detoxifying properties (which you know, I love)
Spirulina is a superfood that intensifies the existing taste, the color green to a deeper hue, has an insane amount of more protein than most foods, flushes heavy metals from the body, loaded with vitamins A-E and more.
Mindful Hellos Recommendation: Spirulina from Nuts.com
> > >Don’t forget! Click here to see the full recipe on Phruitful Dish < < <
An antioxidant & protein packed #smoothie #recipe! With Phruitful Dish @dylan_cutler #nutrition #blogger @mindfulsami
Mentioned in my previous Gingerbread Smoothie blog, Phruitful Dish focuses on creating recipes that are polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) friendly.
MEALS & SNACKS THUS FAR:
- Smoothie from Kure Juice (Portland, Oregon) (breakfast)
- Gingerbread Smoothie (lunch)
- Grilled Tilapia soft tacos with loaded cooked veggies & side salad (home cooked dinner)
- Grilled Salmon salad with lemon ginger vinaigrette with pickled beets topped with Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts (home cooked dinner)
- Kale Ginger Smoothie (lunch)
- Raw veggie plate of mushrooms, sweet peppers, chopped cilantro & parsley, topped with crushed peppercorn (snack) x 2
- Everlast Antioxidant Smoothie
- 1915 Cold Pressed Beet Juice by Bolthouse Farms (snack)
- Pesto & Garlic Linguine with side bowl of Minestrone (birthday dinner @ Mama Mia Portland restaurant)
- Sesame Crushed Ahi (raw) Salad: (birthday lunch at Stanford’s restaurant Lake Oswego, Oregon)
- Grilled Tilapia topped with Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts, with sauteed balsamic & herb cauliflower mash (substitute for mashed potatoes), caramelized onions, button mushrooms, side spinach & kale salad (home cooked dinner)
- Grilled salmon with lemon dill sauce, caramelized onions + button mushrooms mix with vanilla ghee, small side of butternut squash ravioli & side caesar salad (home cooked dinner)
Wowza! There’s an incredible amount of delicious plant-based foods in this blog — I hope we have inspired you in some way — whether it be your own raw cleanse or new smoothies to add to your collection.
I thank you for tuning in and following along. Don’t forget to subscribe below, and check out Phruitful Dish and her amazing PCOS recipes!