Massage increases circulation and just feels damn good to be rubbed on! Especially for active bodies, massages ease pain and loosen up the knots.
For beginners, they’re most likely experiencing an increased amount of pain due to their muscles unaccustomed to the depletion that’s happening. But … massages and regular bodywork can be pricey, so let’s go discuss what types of oils to use and how we can DIY massage in between professional bodywork sessions.
Tibetan medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine both have their roots in Ayurveda and is a combination of our 5 elements Air, Space, Water, Fire, and Earth encompassing everything around us from our Mind, Environment, Nutrition, Bodies and Interactions. It is also known as the sister science to Yoga.
Keep scrolling for the instructional video …LLet’s get back to Abhyanga: Self Massage.
Why do we even need it?
- Massage increases blood flow while helps the healing and helps move waste products through the lymphatic system.
- Massage Relieves overworked muscles from spasm
- Massage Helps recover post-exercise fatigued muscles
- Massage Relaxes the nervous system, calming the mind
- Massage Reduces cortisol levels that induce stress
- Massage Can reverse chronic poor posture by breaking up & returning muscles to their original length
- Massage enhances vision and creates better sleep patterns
- Massage lubricates the joins
- And a thousand more reasons!
The benefits of self massaging are at large and it’s up to you to be healthy and to stay healthy. While others can influence and encourage – no one other than you can do this action of desiring optimal holistic health.
We urge you to follow these steps and try this at home, see how you feel and hope you found a new way to love yourself, and your body.
We thank Banyan Botanicals for this very educational video on Abhyanga Massage, and allowing us permission to have this in our blog for you.
Oils To use For Abhyanga
We recommend Oils from Banyan Botanicals – They are specifically designed for Ayurvedic Massage:
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to educate yourself. We wish you the best with Abhyanga Self Massage and are here as a guide for any additional help.
List of 5 most popular posts (by comments number)
- How to Make an Antioxidant Smoothie with Everlast Vegan Protein
- This is What Happened When I Stopped Using Conditioner
- Bathroom Beauty Must-haves + Yogi Surprise + Goddess Provisions + August Discounts!
- A Healthy Version of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 100 Songs of High Energy Bliss on Spotify + Downloadables Announcement!