I If there was a solution to support your Cough & Sinus, Healthy Hair, Glucose Regulation, Energy Source, Anti-inflammatory, Iron absorption, Indigestion, Aging Process Inhibitor, Anti-diabetic, Eyesight, Acidity, Baldness, Boils in the Mouth, Cataract, Chicken-pox, Constipation, Chronic Headache, Chronic Fever, Darkness before the Eyes, Dryness in the Body and many more … wouldn’t you be inclined to have this as a daily routine?
What is Amalaki? (or Amla / Indian Gooseberry)
A powerful antioxidant herb containing high amounts of vitamin C with versatile uses
B Banyan Botanicals (one of our affiliate partners) has deemed this fruit Amalaki Herb of the Month for June and is perfect for consuming in the summer as it’s a cooling agent for the body, especially for those who are high in Pitta body type. It’s a fruit tree that grows throughout India. Amla is the Hindu word for fruit tree. Alma is also known by the Sanskrit name Amalaki. The benefits of Herb of the Month is that all specific herbs are dropped in price and once the month is over it heads upwards to normal price. Now would be a good time to bring this herb into your home and health – as you learn more you will want to consume this. (Go here to learn more about your body type & discovering your bodys’ constitution).
For Healthy Hair, Skin, and Eyes
- HAIR HEALTH: Vitamin C as you know will do wonders for our health – hence why your momma always gave you Orange Juice when you were sick! Unfortunately, a deficiency or lack of Vitamin C can cause our hair to be damaged – broken hair or hair loss, even going bald. Antioxidants can help with this with preventing premature hair loss and graying. Amalaki (or Amla/Indian Gooseberry) is used in many hair tonics as it enriches the pigmentation and growth. It does this by now allowing free radicals to damage the hair follicles.
- VISION HEALTH: Drinking Gooseberry Juice with honey has shown to improve cataracts due to its high amount of carotene. Carotene’s (and Vitamin A) relaxes the intramuscular tension, protects from retina burn, and strengthen your vision before the age-related degeneration from free radicals.
- SKIN HEALTH: Vitamin C revives the smoothness and texture of our skin along with flushing out the toxins with proper digestion. ACNE can also be prevented by consuming Vitamin C. Antioxidants help in restricting the free radical damage to the skin and reduce the onset of aging and wrinkles. (Free radicals are unpaired molecules & electrons that are split up and left weak, causing a free radical to form. Free radicals attack the nearest stable molecule “stealing” it’s electron creating chain reactions disruption in living cells.) Vitamin C and E are the most abundant fat-soluble antioxidant in the body and efficiently “chain break” in the body – neutralizing free radicals by donating one of their own electrons to end the ‘stealing” reaction. There are several ways you can incorporate Vitamin E into the body as well, but I recommend the good ole Vitamin E Oil you can put topically on your skin or Vitamin E capsules.
Metabolic & Diuretic Activity
- From a bodybuilding standpoint to an average exercise go-er- what do they both have in common? Both are trying to be in better shape, lose fat, gain muscle, increase internal energy systems to keep an active lifestyle. Regardless of what you want to achieve – it’s safe to say that Vitamin C is essential for anyone who increases their heart rate purposely on a daily basis.
- Vitamin C is absolutely required to have in the body for muscle growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body. Vitamin C blocks the synthesis of proteins that cause inflammation and infection. By supplementing with Vitamin C will also aid in the recovery of connective tissue and promotes Iron absorption to prevent anemia.
- Gooseberry (Amalaki) is very high in water content, so it’s a natural diuretic in nature. If you’re unfamiliar, it increases the amount of water loss through urination which helps our bodies eliminate unwanted toxins and other excess levels of water, salt, and uric acid. In order to keep our kidneys healthy and preventing urinary infections, having Amalaki (gooseberry) in our life is immensely helpful to our health.
Digestion, Menstrual Cramps, Diabetes
- Amalaki is traditionally used to improve digestion & elimination and is one of the three ingredients in the most widely used Ayurvedic formula: Triphala. Amalaki is generally taken in place of Triphala by those who have excess heat in the digestive tract. Indicators of too much heat in the digestive are gastritis, colitis, ulcers, heartburn, or acid reflux. Amalaki acts to cool this heat and serves as a natural anti-inflammatory that soothes and protects the digestive tissues.
- LIVER: Amalaki cleanses & protects the liver which plays a critical role in transforming food into physiologically useful nourishment.
- GLUCOSE LEVELS: The Amalaki fruits help ensure healthy blood sugar levels, it has an affinity for the urinary tract and balanced excretion of the urine and balanced blood sugar levels go hand in hand. Amalaki’s has the power to process food in a wholesome and efficient manner.
- [Indian] Gooseberry is highly beneficial for the reproductive systems of both men and women. It helps in regulating the menstrual cycle in women. Intake of this wonderful fruit nurtures the egg and the sperms, thus helping women to conceive.
Amalaki overall is a powerful ally for body and it’s intricate systems known to promote energy, reproductive health, and healthy cholesterol levels.